|“Beautiful, positive music!”
“You can really F*CKIN’ SING!”
Austin Willacy is a singer/songwriter who has produced four full-length albums of his original music. He has toured extensively throughout the U.S. as a solo artist and through the U.S., Europe and Japan with The House Jacks. Austin co-wrote the theme song for THRIVE!, and his songs and compositions have been featured on The Sing Off, on national TV in Australia, on Road Rules, NPR, in two documentary films, Word Wars and A Lawyer Walks into a Bar…. and on the demo for a new Sony audio system for Ford vehicles. He has also contributed dozens of soundalike vocals to the Karaoke Revolution & Guitar Hero video game franchises.
Austin is also the director of ‘Til Dawn, Youth in Arts’ award-winning teen a cappella group and has facilitated over 35 youth retreats. Austin has also co-facilitated four Leveraging Privilege for Social Change Jams and current serves on the YES! board. He also served on the board of Rainforest Action Network for four years and is in his fifth year of service on the board of the Freight & Salvage. He donates his time and his musical talent to a wide range of educational, social and environmental organizations.
* What’s your favorite backstage snack?
* If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
* What’s your favorite bad movie?
* What’s the worst album you ever purchased?
* Invent a new game show.
Actually, strike that! Zero! allows us to take a good hard look at our resource consumption. Contestants are given a number of different resources that they need to use in a way that creates no footprint. The winner is the Zero Hero! Suddenly Kumbayah! sounds AWESOME doesn’t it!?
* What isn’t a word but should be a word?
* If you could have an almost useless superpower, what would it be?
* Where’s the next place in the world you’d like to go on vacation?
* If you could crossbreed animals to make the perfect pet…
* What language do you wish you could speak?
* What movie quote best sums up your philosophy on life?